Thursday, June 12, 2014


Elizabeth's sixth birthday

My sweet, clever and caring daughter lights up this family with her enthusiasm.  I am so blessed to be her mother.

When she woke up she discovered a puppet theater that James and Michael had assembled.  Cousins Jackson and Thomson sent her adorable puppets with which to perform.


Elizabeth told me that they do not wear birthday crowns in her class like they do in others.  So a tiara was in order.
 

That evening she opened the rest of her presents.
 

Andrew picked out a dinosaur excavating kit.  She was excited, but he asked what the big deal was.
 

She went shopping the day before with Aunt Kelly's gift card and insisted on wrapping it.  That is exactly what I used to do.

 

Her request for dinner:  sushi, filet mignon, and grilled asparagus.  Michael very much approved.  I love how he's kissing her while she holds her new "pearls."  Reminds me of Queen Elizabeth.  I baked a cheesecake topped with fresh cherries for dessert.  After singing and blowing out the candles Andrew asked how many more times we will be celebrating her birthday. 


Elizabeth, age 6 months





Michael and James love going out on the lake.  Here they were kayaking, James is always exhausted afterwards because Michael wants to go so fast.
 




Last day of school with the bus stop crew
 
 

Since the children only had a half day we went out for sushi to celebrate.

 

First year on the swim team - ready for time trials.


With summer underway we have started our summer program   It includes a minimum of twenty minutes of the following: reading, writing, math, chores, and exercise.  So far, they are off to a good start.  Favorite quote from the first day.  Andrew, age 4, "Why do I have to practice writing?  I'm good at typing on my iPad."


On the first day of summer vacation James took Elizabeth and Michael canoing.  Andrew said he was scared, but after watching them for awhile he said that he would do it next time.

I'm so happy to have the children home!



No comments:

Post a Comment