Sunday, September 1, 2013


Living Treasures Animal Park


 Labor Day weekend we spent a day in Laurel Highlands
The kids love getting to feed the wild animals.
Andrew preferred giving carrots to the animals.  With the feed the animals would have to lick or nibble it out of your open hand. 


 I always say they look like little Arab boys.


Tossing carrots to the zebras

 They had so many bears this year.  Two cubs were born on Andrew's birthday.


A camel and a zebra fighting for Elizabeth's attention.


When a lot of animals would crowd the fence Michael would toss a handful of feed into the pen, rather than feed the more aggressive animals.  He would tell them to stop being bullies.


 Feeding an alpaca, she was tickled when I told her the animal's fur made my favorite socks and hat.

 

To feed the monkeys and lemurs the kids put carrots into a bucket and the clever monkeys would pull the rope over to them.

 Staring match with an emu.


Pony rides!





The reptile caretaker kept bringing snakes for me to hold.  Maybe he thought I was an Indian snake charmer.


The real alligators were for display and not feeding, Elizabeth was bummed.  


Andrew kept running back to see the pot belly pigs.  I made Thai and packed it for lunch.  Afterwards, he runs over and tells the animals that we just ate porky pig.

 There were a lot of baby animals to pet.


Of course we could not pet the six month old lion cubs.


We even brought a snake home with us.




A rainy Labor Day we decided to see a movie.  It was the first time all three children went.  It was entertaining for Elizabeth and I, Michael liked the snacks and Andrew fell asleep.  As you can see he had no interest in having a picture taken.


No comments:

Post a Comment